The 7th Trailblazers are proud to host the Spring 2024 Texas Brownsea Training Camp (BTC) at Camp Happy Hollow in Brenham, Texas. BTC is the Outdoor Service Guide’s (OSG) “basic training” for adult leaders and Rover Scouts; all leaders should attend one during their first year.
During the course, participants will receive training in the OSG’s core mission and policies and each of the program’s four sections, leaving you better prepared to work within your OSG scout group. Even more important, the event will provide you opportunities to practice a number of scout-craft skills and allow you to leave Brownsea with your Tenderfoot badge proudly in-hand (or sewn on). Best of all, you’ll have a chance to make new Scout friends and develop the kind of camaraderie that comes with camping together under the trees.
BTC starts at 9 a.m. sharp on Friday, March 14th (through noon on Sunday, March 16th). Once you’ve registered, we will send you a supply list and detailed information about the course. For now, here are a few important details:
- Brownsea is an adults only course, and only registered participants, trainers, and camp staff will be allowed on-site during the course. This is necessary in order that participants can focus completely on the training event and benefit fully from it. Please leave other family members (including pets) at home. Please check with your GSM to verify you are registered and your background check is up to date.
- The course will take place at Camp Happy Hollow, 2029 Happy Hollow Rd, Brenham, TX 77833. For information about the location: Camp Happy Hollow
- TRANSPORT OPTIONS: For those traveling from outside the region, transportation to/from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) is available. Alternatively, consider Houston International Airport (IAH) or Houston Hobby Airport (HOU). All three airports are approximately a 90 minute drive to the camp.
- This is an outdoor camping experience and will be held rain or shine. You need to provide your own personal and camping gear. For those traveling from outside the region, a limited number of tents and other gear will be available to borrow – email the 7th Trailblazers GSM (Mark Novick) at firstname.lastname@example.org to work out details.
- Once at Brownsea, participants will be organized into groups and train, scout, cook and eat within them. All food will be provided as part of the BTC course fee. Dietary accommodations are gladly made; please indicate when registering.
- For more information about the Outdoor Service Guides: https://outdoorserviceguides.org